St Paul’s was consecrated in 1828 as a chapel-of-ease to All Saints, Edmonton. It was one of the ‘Waterloo’ churches, built to provide for the urban overspill that was a feature of the years following the Napoleonic Wars.
In 1889 the chancel was rebuilt, and further extended in 1928.
The Garden of Rest, to the south of the church, was set apart in 1961 for the burial of cremated remains.
The area which now forms the car park used to house St Paul’s Church of England School, which moved into new premises on Ringwood Way in 1961. The present Church Hall was opened in 1966, replacing the old St Paul’s Institute on Station Road. St Paul’s Lodge, the curate’s house, was built alongside the Hall in 1967. St Paul’s Vicarage, to the east of the church, was built in 1913 on land donated by Sir William Paulin.
The full history of the parish and church, by Edward Kelly, can be purchased from the church or parish office.